How to Pick a Painter
How to Choose an Austin Paint Contractor for Your Home?
When considering which contractor to utilize, be sure to do or determine each of the following:
- Talk with several Austin contractors and get quotes from each. Ask about insurance.
- Determine what will be done for each type of area
- For exterior work, what will be done to protect plantings? For interior work, what will be done in regards to moving and/or protecting furniture?
- When will the work be started? Finished? How many painters will be working on the job? What will the remedy be if the job is not completed on time?
- What is the warranty on the work? What is the length of time, the type of failures covered, and the remedy if there is a paint failure?
- Get names of previous customers from each contractor as references, and contact them to get their recommendation.
- Note whether the contractor was courteous and business-like, punctual with appointments or in returning phone calls, quality-oriented, experienced, and generally interested in doing business with you.
- Ask if the business is an accredited member of the local BBB
- Is the warranty located on the written agreement or simply a verbal warranty?
- How large is the initial deposit requested? (anything over 20% is a red flag)
- Does the company have a positive online presence?